The Lovingston Village Association is a non-profit, community support group, established in January, 2013. The association' s main purpose is:
“To maintain a safe, clean and inviting environment in the Lovingston village neighborhood."
The Lovingston Village Association has organized for the following purposes:
1. To promote the safe, quiet, family friendly ambience that is the hallmark of the neighborhood; to pursue beautification and improvements to public spaces, and encourage upkeep support for residents.
2. To promote historic preservation and to encourage restoration of the neighborhood through educational workshops and to study opportunities offered by landmark designation.
3. To promote neighborliness and encourage a friendly association among neighborhood residents.
4. To facilitate good relations between commercial interests and residents through communication, education and mutual understanding of land use and zoning possibilities; to encourage and support locally owned small businesses.
5. To represent the views and interests of its members to elected officials, public services, and with other neighborhood associations and community organizations.
There are two types of memberships:
Voting members--- who are residents or business owners in the village of Lovingston
Associate members--- who are friends wishing to support the Association‘s activities who do not reside in the village.
Membership is free!
Meetings are currently held on the first Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m., at 751 Front St. in Lovingston. Please call 434-996-4234 ahead to verify.
Some of our areas of focus include:
1. Clean up and beautification. Includes flower planting, holiday street decorations, and keeping streets clean. .
2. Preservation and appreciation of historic Lovingston.
3. Crime watch—maintaining a Neighborhood Watch group..
4. Supporting local businesses, neighborhood social activities, and community arts
Adopt-A-Bed Flower Program
Business and residents donate contributions, time and energy to provide bright beauty to the streets, by 'adopting' a planter. See our ABOUT page for more details.
Clean, Beautiful, Safe
Neighbors volunteer to sweep, weed-whack, plant flowers and keep sidewalks and lawns tidy. We also have a 'Neighborhood Watch'
program in place, where volunteers keep an eye on the neighborhood.
Murals Here and There
As part of our volunteer beautification, some residents contribute murals to perk up forgotten corners of the village!